Prepping For The Trip: My To-Do List
After deciding to quit my job to explore the world with a travel blogger for 6 months, I had a lot to do in a very short amount of time.
I had just about a month to pack up my apartment, move out of the city, get all of my affairs in order, and prepare for the trip. To help stay organized (and alleviate stress) I decided to make a to-do list. There are a lot of apps out there now that do this, but I decided to go with the old pen and paper (call me old school).
While this list is probably completely irrelevant to you, I thought it’d be fun to share! And if you ever decide to do something crazy like this, maybe it will come in handy!
- Finances: model budget, set up auto payments, cancel unnecessary expenses, pay outstanding bills
- Insurance: research medical and travel options
- Cell phone: international plan
- Apartment: pack, clean, hire movers, reserve UHaul, research storage unit options, transfer internet/tv
- Vaccinations: Hep A/B booster, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Tetanus (any others?)
- Schedule appointments for check-up w/ doctor, dentist, etc.
- Buy travel backpack (70L vs 55L)
- Research / determine what to pack, what I need to buy
- Renew passport
- Trip research / coordinate with Janet
- Set up mail forwarding
- Alert embassies of travel plans / visas
- Make copies of passport, important docs
- Buy Eurail ticket
- Set up Gmail account with access to important docs, email access
- Alert bank/authorize credit cards for travel
- Submit global entry app
- Convert USD / Euro for arrival, check exchange rates
- Print proof of itinerary for arrival
- Going away party
Do you think I missed anything?? Let me know!!